Friday 23 April 2010

Changes to my Magazine Front cover
The cahnges i made to my Front cover were drastic to my mock up. I wanted to produce a simliar looking front cover to a DJ Mag that I really liked. After trying to make thsi successful I decided it didn't suit my background. The changes I made on my front cover were that instead of putting information on both on the left and right hand side I would out them in a zig zag position. This suited me because I found it difficult to write informationthat would be included in my magazine. Also this was effective as it helped make my magazine look professional and made it look like there was enough information and didn't look empty or busy. Also as on the magazine I was fond of had many different coloured backgrounds and different coloured text which contribuated to the colour scheme, which I tried to use but couldn't because it didn't look nice. So instead of using this technique I decided to use purple and blue background and use one colour for my text, yellow, which won't confuse my audience. I also used a different colour for my competition box as this will be more eye-catching  and differentiate from my colour scheme.

Contents Page
I also made a massive change to my content page as I wanted to put three boxes and then have three images separate them. When I tried to do, it didn't quite look nice as some boxes where bigger then others which meant my magazines would them be smaller than I expected, which wasn't possible. So I decided to put the information in a linear fashion but colour co-ordinate them which was effective as it showed the different feautures within the Magazine. I also wanted to put an Editors note on the contents page as it shows the audience that they are welcome and part of the magazine.  

Feature Article
The change I made in my article was only with the position on my images. I wanted t omake my images the hightlight of the pages as this is what attracts the audience the most. I decided to put one of the images in the middle of the page instead in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment